Saturday, November 15, 2008

Charles W. Morgan Hauled For Restoration

The Charles W. Morgan is to undergo a $2.5 million restoration at Mystic Seaport. The 113 foot vessel is the worlds last remaining wooden whaleship. Built in 1841, the Charles W. Morgan was last restored in the 1980s. The ship was hauled last month, and the restoration project is expected to last three years. Visitors will be able to view the project from a a large ramp that will run parallel to the hull. A New York Times photo gallery documents the hauling. photo:Wikipedia

1 comment:

Mark Kreider said...

Thank you for your kind words regarding my blog From the North Fork. As I often fly fish from my Boston Whaler from Horton's Point to Little Gull, I too have a great appreciation for the Long Island Sound. I like your site very much and hope you can keep up the good work. Nice going!