Thursday, April 8, 2010

Hot Fun In The Springtime



It seems like everyone is taking advantage of the weather. Calling this an early spring would be an understatement. Beaches and parks along the Sound have had plenty of activity this week with visitors enjoying the lovely spring summer temperatures. Even these two mallards in Oyster Bay Cove got in on the act, with their own version of Grazing In The Sand.
Sure hope it doesn't snow next week.

YouTube: Hugh Masekela: Grazing In The Grass
YouTube: Sly & The Family Stone: Hot Fun In The Summertime
YouTube: War: Summer
SOUNDBOUNDER: That First Day (Hammonasset)

7 comments:

Maureen@IslandRoar said...

Yikes!
Quick, knock on wood!

Erin | Bygone Living said...

It's been beautiful in NY as well, but unfortunately, the temperature is supposed to drop for next week :(

Welp, only two more months till it's officially summertime!

Erin | Bygone Living said...

Oh, wait... you live on Long Island as well :p My bad! I'm so used to everyone living elsewhere on these blogs, hehe.

Baydog said...

Dude: Grazin in the sand is so grand, can you dig it? Everything here is so real you can feel it!

Mallards are cool, but that song is my childhood.

And the other two songs? Did I grow up with you? Something tells me you are somewhat younger than I am. Luckily for you.

Word Verification: Mistolic. I get Mistolic when I hear those songs

Baydog said...

Don't you love when you get one of those chinese comments? You click on something and it's like groundhog day over and over again.

Love, Yogi

Mari said...

Springtime finally...I had begun feeling like a groundhog in pajama!

Unknown said...

Baydog,
Yeah, I hear those songs and immediately think of sitting in the third seat of a station wagon as we were heading to the beach.
I have been getting a lot of those comments lately. They come in stages.

Mari,
It wasn't that bad of a winter, but it really feels good to get out in some warm weather.

Sorry for the delay in responding to all the comments here.