Saturday, June 5, 2010

Hometown Huntington


Trustee Park, Cold Spring Harbor, April 2010

To me, Huntington has always meant Huntington Harbor and nearby Huntington Station. The town of Huntington however, also includes Cold Spring Harbor, Centerport, Northport, along with Eatons and Lloyds Neck. The town is a diverse and attractive collection of harbors and villages that creates one of the more appealing stretches of Long Island Sound. It also has a large number of parks and beaches.
On Monday, June 7, WLIW will premier Hometown Huntington at 8 pm. The program looks at the town's maritime past, as well as the people who live there today. WLIW asked me to put this post together, and although I have not seen the program, I agreed without hesitation. Their Shoreline Sonata and Leisurama programs were both excellent pieces of work. If Hometown Huntington was made with the same quality and detail, then it is certainly worth viewing.


4 comments:

Erin | Bygone Living said...

Cold Spring Harbor is my most favorite town on Long Island... I need to tune in to that program Monday!

哲宇皓云 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mari said...

Too bad, I haven't been to Huntington yet - but an independent cinema, a good bakery, a decent bookstore, nice cafes and a strong sense of community all sound like a place one wants to live...

Unknown said...

Erin and Mari,
I thought it was well done. It's a great area; several good museums, walkable villages etc.