Saturday, June 20, 2009

Neither Out Far Nor In Deep

The people along the sand All turn and look one way They turn their back on the land They look at the sea all day As long as it takes to pass A ship keeps raising it's hull The wetter ground like glass Reflects a standing gull The land may vary more But wherever the truth may be The water comes ashore And people look at the sea They cannot look out far They cannot look in deep But when was that ever a bar To any watch they keep?
Robert Frost (1874-1963)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I seem to know this palce, where is it?

Unknown said...

Top to bottom:
Thimble Islands
Greenwich Point
Block Island
West Meadow Beach near Port Jefferson

Unknown said...

funny thimble island looks most familiar, but I have never been there. I know the next 2, but do not recognize them as such.

Unknown said...

The photo I use on my header is from the Thimble Islands as well.

I really should have used photos of people wading in the water for this post,....but I didn't have any.