Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Stormy Hammonasset




The worst of the storm was over, but there were still lingering signs as I approached the Meigs Point section of Hammonasset State Park. Sand spilled out into the roadway, and low-lying stretches were flooded by tide and rain. Every so often the car would shake as it was broadsided by a leftover gust of wind.

Crowded in the summer months, I visit Hammonasset mostly during the spring and fall - occasionally in stormy weather. With few, or no others around, it's like having the amusement park all to yourself.

I walked the high-tide line of East Beach, eventually climbing the short bluff at Meigs Point, and its large glacial erratics. I thought back to my visit last fall when I stood atop these rocks and could see Falkner Island to the west, and Plum Island to the east. Looking across the Sound at Long Island, I wondered which towns it was I was viewing. Mattituck perhaps?

Today it didn't matter as I was lucky enough to see beyond the western edge of the park. 

The rain began falling again, so I pulled up my hood. The air was raw - far too cold for the month of May. After such a mild winter, this was perhaps a bit of payback for those summer days we received in March. 
Mother Nature has a way of evening the score.



CT Coastal Access Guide: Hammonasset State Park


9 comments:

Annie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
John said...

What I like about this blog is the way which presented :)

Partywear saree said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ZielonaMila said...

Great post, fantastic photos:) Greetings

Unknown said...

I think your blog very wonderful.
Welcome my blob.
Thanks.
Tien Toi Thanh Cong
Travel VietNam With Jussie Tran

Unknown said...

This blog is very nice

Partition Planters

Mom blog names said...

Liked your post much. Do visit our blog. Mom Blog Names

mavin scott said...

Never give up in life they all say no cure to HSV 2 which is a big lie I have pass through many process also i never believe there is really cure to HERPES until I meet Dr.zubby the doctor that have been helping many people for many years, I come across this doctor online when I was searching for cure online I found out about this man, and to my greatest surprise this man have the herbal medicine which I have been looking for years I explain my problem to him through the email I found on someone who testify about him also, Dr.ZUBBY write me a reply and explain how the process work so after ordering for the medicine I got it within 4 days and I took it according to the way Dr.ZUBBY instructed, I was so happy after two week I took the medicine there was very big change in my health when I was done with the process I go for test, I found out I am negative that was the day I have the tears of joy you can also get in contact with my doctor through his email now dr.zubby843@gmail.com or you can also WhatsApp him +2348070673249. And He also have herbs medicine to cured the following diseases; eczema,urethra wart,chronic problems.Herpes, Cancer, Als,Hepatitis, Diabetes, HPV,Infections,ulcer ETC for m ore information followe the pags below https://web.facebook.com/Drzubby-herbla-home-112207317016092